Welcome to Homer High School!
Have a great summer!
The Homer High School office will be closed from June 3rd till August 3rd. The phones won’t be answered and messages won’t be returned during this time. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 23.
- Wed., Aug 10—Seniors Schedule pick-up – 10am-3pm
- Thur., Aug 11—Juniors Schedule pick-up – 10am-3pm
- Fri., Aug 12—Sophomores Schedule pick-up – 10am-3pm
- Mon., Aug. 15 – New Student registration – 10am-3pm
- Thur., August 18 – Freshmen Orientation/Open House – 6pm-8pm
- Mon., Aug 22 – Connections class registration – 10am-3pm
School Supply List for Homer High:
- Binder (the zip up kind is recommended)
- 2 spiral notebooks
- 2 folders with pockets
- Pens and pencils
- After the first day of classes you will know what other supplies you need for specific classes, such as calculators, etc.
Homer High School is consistently one of the highest scoring schools in the state of Alaska based on test scores, but we are more than just test scores. Here is how HHS measures up with schools across the country with several high school success indicators.
View our new Homer High School welcome video at:
Safety Information / A.L.I.C.E. Information
In the event of an emergency, Homer High School has an Emergency Action Plan in place. Should an emergency arise, parents will be notified via School Messenger (robo-call) and KPBSD website and social media networks (Facebook, Twitter).
- KPBSD School Delays and Closures Protocol
- Emergency Guidelines for Parents and Guardians
- School Safety Closures Information
- Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/homerhs.
- Monthly newsletters: http://homerhighschool.blogs.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/wpmu/newsletters/
- Get the KPBSD APP! KPBSD News
600 E. Fairview Ave.
Homer, AK 99603
Phone: 907-235-4600 Fax: 907-235-8933
Principal – Douglas Waclawski
Assistant Principal – Alison Mall
Athletic Director – Chris Perk
Head Secretary – Cindy Koplin
Office Hours 7am – 4pm
- Parents, you may log-in to PowerSchool to access your student’s grades and assignments. Please call us if you have trouble accessing this information. It is the expectation that teachers update PowerSchool on a weekly basis.
Enriching lives through education
HHS is a vibrant learning community developing inspired, capable, and responsible individuals to build a promising future for us all.