What Will School Look Like for 2020-2021?
We hope your summer is going great. Here are a couple of updates for the new school year.
Here is a short outline of the principal update video for 7-20-2020.
- We will have school this year!
- What is will look like will be determined by the risk level in the Homer area as determined by the State of Alaska
- High Risk – Students and staff will receive education at Homer via distance educations
- Medium Risk – Students will be at school with safety precautions in a modified fashion (School may happen in shifts so fewer people are in the building at one time)
- Low Risk – School will be in the building with some precautions
- School starts on August 24th
- There will be an online registration available for 2021
- Students can attend HHS in person or online. Parents get to choose!
- We will be following a no symptom policy in all KPBSD buildings. If someone is sick, they need to stay home.
- HHS will be adding a text communication option to get information and updates.
Links to KPBSD Smart Start Documents:
Homer High School
Beginning School Year Activities:
Homer High has changed the dates for beginning school year activities. Please review them below.
- Tuesday, August 11: Pick-up Seniors Schedules 9 am-3 pm
- Wednesday, August 12: Pick-up Juniors Schedules 9 am-3 pm
- Thursday, August 13: Pick-up Sophomores Schedules 9 am-3 pm
- Friday, August 14: New Student Registration: 9 am- 3 pm
- Thursday, August 20: Freshman Orientation: Times TBA
- Friday, August 21: Connections Student Registration 9 am- 3 pm
- Monday, August 24: School Starts
Class of 2020 “Drive Through” Graduation
School Supply List: Large Binder (zip up kind if possible), pencils, pens, spiral notebooks. After you know what your schedule is, the individual teachers will let you know what else you will need in the way of supplies.
If you have questions or concerns, please call the office at 907-235-4600 and leave a message. We will get back to you. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
600 E. Fairview Ave.
Homer, AK 99603
Phone: 907-235-4600 Fax: 907-235-8933
Principal – Douglas Waclawski
Assistant Principal – Alison Mall
Athletic Director – Chris Perk
Head Secretary – Kristin Metz
Office Hours 7am – 4pm
- HHS Vision
- Enriching lives through education
- HHS Mission
- HHS is a vibrant learning community developing inspired, capable, and responsible individuals to build a promising future for us all.